Cycle World Intl Motorcycle Show

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
RUFtech
Veteran Poster

Post by RUFtech »

Actually that is a radial engine out of an old helicopter.
Bob
'97 YZF750R (sold)
'87 Porsche 944 Turbo
'04 GTO
If you haven't seen god your not going fast enough

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Not sure yet. We were laid off last week and had to get unemployment.
YZFRob

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

YZFRob wrote:Not sure yet. We were laid off last week and had to get unemployment.
That sucks man...I've been there before. Work just slow this time of the year? Have to say odds are pretty slim I'm going to make it there. Don't have the money really, plus I have a test to study up for next Monday.

Bummer....looked like it would be a decent time. :sad
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Yeah its slow. But yet when we got back to work last monday, they made us work OT. :?: Hmmm lets lay them off for a week then toss OT at them. Upper mgmt really needs to get their lazy butts down on teh shop floor and try to build this crap themselves. They want 17 trailers a DAY. Its nearly impossible to do 14. Then they toss specialty trailers in the mix (we are doing 12 double side door trailers inbetween std ones and they take 2.5 times as long to do as std trailers). THey want more production, hire more 2nd shift workers. No reason 1st has to do 13-14 a day while 2nd does 5. Maybe if they didnt treat people like crap the turnover rate would stop.
YZFRob

Mad Hatter
Veteran Poster

Post by Mad Hatter »

Did I miss the umbrellas somewhere in those pics?

That would be pretty freaky to have something sounding like an old Sopwith Camel roll up next to you at a stoplight. Some neon plug wires would look pretty flashy at night on that thing. Hey OCC, eat your heart out!!!
1987 Excite Bike Champion

1989 FZR 1000
1999 CBR 900rr

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

YZFRob wrote:Yeah its slow. But yet when we got back to work last monday, they made us work OT. :?: Hmmm lets lay them off for a week then toss OT at them. Upper mgmt really needs to get their lazy butts down on teh shop floor and try to build this crap themselves. They want 17 trailers a DAY. Its nearly impossible to do 14. Then they toss specialty trailers in the mix (we are doing 12 double side door trailers inbetween std ones and they take 2.5 times as long to do as std trailers). THey want more production, hire more 2nd shift workers. No reason 1st has to do 13-14 a day while 2nd does 5. Maybe if they didnt treat people like crap the turnover rate would stop.
Well, if the work dries up in your area you could always move down to wonderful (i.e. flat) Indiana. Our area is the "heartland" of the RV industry after all. Can make some serious bank at some compaines around here. My old roomate said the line guys average $60-70,000 a year at his place. It's a higher end fifth wheel that they make, so the bonuses are good for them.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

orionburn wrote: Well, if the work dries up in your area you could always move down to wonderful (i.e. flat) Indiana. Our area is the "heartland" of the RV industry after all. Can make some serious bank at some compaines around here. My old roomate said the line guys average $60-70,000 a year at his place. It's a higher end fifth wheel that they make, so the bonuses are good for them.
Hell I could start my own up. Built conversion vehicles for 8yrs until they went out of business in 2001. (I know quite a few are in the Elkhart area).

Looking at moving back down under. Cousin there is keeping an eye out for me for places that are looking for someone with my experiences.
YZFRob

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

You must have a lot less to move than we do ! Took me the better part of 4 days and 8 maxed out U-Haul loads in the biggest van they have to get all our junk relocated and that was only a 45 mile relocation. I think I'm gonna have the biggest yard sale in the history of Tennessee.

Best of luck with that job issue. Sounds like you have a good game plan.