WOW

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

WOW

Post by stan »

if your like me, your love of motorcycles started way before you got your first rd125

i was smashing myself up long before that on my trusty BMX, i was OK at jumps and stunts, but i was nothing, NOTHING like this bloke. This is one of the best links i have been sent in a long time, hope you enjoy it as much as i have,

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/p ... 1337502001

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Nice. That kid can ride. There's a fair bit of bmx stuff on free to air these days, which is great, always good to watch. Speaking of RD125's Stan... I've got a AS3 out atm... you should use it to pollute Harvey Bay.

Fatdog
Regular Poster

Post by Fatdog »

I can remember my RD125. It was a brand new LC mark 2 in black & red bought in 1986. What a great bike they were, I learned alot riding that bike, it also got me through both parts of my bike test.
Sold it to a friend to buy a 350 YPVS who later on crashed it into a ditch! :sad
You don't see many about these days which I think is great shame.
Exup - Knee down
93 YZF750R

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

That guy's just magic. Youtube him and you'll find that same video at a better resolution, a neat TV ad he's recorded and some other stuff.

That's MTB trials, not BMX, but yeah.. he's doing a lot of BMX stuff and then some. If I get time later on I'll post up some links to other MTB disciplines like DH and Dirtjump that're worth watching too.

BTW. Talking RDssss, my first road bike was an RD50, then a RD350YPVS, then a GSXR750 slabby! I think I crashed about twice a year for a few years there...
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

I'm a little too young for RD's, but I loved the RZ I rode. Just begged to
be thrashed and ridden hard... good fun.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

OK, I'm empressed - really impressed :)

I've tried a few of those moves myself - usually after I hit some oil or shingle on the road unexpectedly :oops:

Sorry guys - I was a Suzuki man myself:

T125
T250
T350
2 x T500's

but I did have an RD400G (the very last of the air cooled RD's), and a Mach 3 :banana
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Could you imagine the things that young man could do on a gas gas machine or other brand of trials bike. UNFRIGGEN REAL. Two moves that stand out in particular, the flip off of the tree and the change in direction through the air from brick burm to brick burm. Truly talented young lad, my 7 year old daughter watched with me and was equally impressed. Cool tune even as well.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin