FZR 600R project

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
pondlife

FZR 600R project

Post by pondlife »

Hi all and thanks for admitting me to the forum.
I've just purchased a 1995 FZR 600R as a project, It's in reasonable condition but has been garaged for 7 years and not run. The Paperwork for the bike says it's a 3HE and the year of manufacture/first reg is 1.07.95. I've carried out a vin check and it just tells me it's a 1995 FZR600. My question is it has the two round headlights at the front and says Genesis on the bodywork, all the pictures I can find for 94-95 bikes do not have the same headlights 3HE comes up as 1989 - 93, could it be a grey import? what model designation is it? could the headlights and bodywork have been changed to an earlier model? https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... _tn__=EH-R
FZR 600 - British, living near Frankfurt in Germany

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: FZR 600R project

Post by davemfox2 »

It could well have been sat in the back of a dealers for a while before actually getting registered. If the numbers on the headstock say 3HE, then that is what it will be...

Regards,

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP with Yoshimura half system
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Good looking bike you have there! :welcome

94-95 FZR600's had the Fox-eye headlights. I'd suspect that it is an earlier year as Dave stated. Have you looked on the frame for a white sticker? I want to say just behind the headstock on the right frame rail. How many miles? More pictures?
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

pondlife

Post by pondlife »

Thanks for the info guys. I couldn't find the white sticker but I'm pretty certain it must be a 3HE. Managed to start it easily yesterday, a bit smokey but nothing to worry about I thinks as... the oil is over 7 years old, the bike had been on its side in transit (don't ask, really don't) So my plan is to change her colour to the red and white paint scheme, I've ordered the decals already. Not sure how much this would cost for the respray if I got a pro to do it or if it's worth trying to do it myself... also not sure if to get the rims powder coated... EDIT: Is an R6 blue spot calliper fit worth it?

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

Shame about the drop whilst being delivered :(

Have you had a trawl through the FZR600 section? http://www.exupworldwide.com/forum/view ... =15&t=8962

Just out of curiosity, where are you based?

Dave
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

pondlife

Post by pondlife »

Dave,

Hadn't looked at the FZR section yet, probably better to post in there though for specifics.

I'm based in Germany although I'm British. Spent 6 years in California before that, I miss the roads and racetracks in Norcal...

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

hey pondlife, welcome. If you either post or pm the frame vin I can search the old Yamaha database. (thanks Cam)

I reckon you will have FZRDude drooling at the colour scheme of your 600... :lol:

if you look at the number or letter stamped into the frame after the prefix of 3HE you will be able to determine more info about your bike.

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

That's nifty Spook :)

Dave
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

spook

Post by spook »

hey Pondlife, I typed in the vin you pm'd and nothing came up? I'll look at it again when I have a second. Cheers.

spook

Post by spook »

Very Handy Dave.

Can you double check the number stamped into the headstock?

There must be something missing here as nothing is coming up.

Exactly as it is stamped. :thumbup:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

FZR 600's had double rounds here in Canada and the fairings are rather interchangeable, although typically, it requires a few parts, headlight bucket, stays, air tubes, top side covers, and the fairing itself of course. So interchangeable not so much but will fit the frame easily with all the friggen parts. The dual rounds give off far better light than the single lens ever did.

Dude, just keep that paint scheme and save your money on go fast goodies, unless of course you bin it and scrape the shit out of them. Those colours were far more rare than the white and red. Just my :2cents:

Yes, it is worth it to retrofit the R6 blue pots(Tokicos, I think)) as they have far better stopping power than the old sumitomos

Welcome btw
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin