Photocromatic visors

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Photocromatic visors

Post by orionburn »

Awhile back I was wondering why nobody made a visor that had the ability to change from tinted to clear (like eyeglasses). Was doing some research for a school project and came across this: http://www.acsastech.com/Products/sunshift.asp

Says their product isn't out on the market yet but should be out sometime soon. Is this the first company to come out with these? I admit I never did any major looking into it before, but also never saw anything like it when looking for new lids.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

FOg shield had an insert that did that. Wasnt worth it.
YZFRob

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

It would be cool if they had electrochromatic ones. Then you could adjust the tint. :) Like Night Rider. lol :)
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

noshoes
Veteran Poster

Post by noshoes »

MsHap wrote:It would be cool if they had electrochromatic ones. Then you could adjust the tint. :) Like Night Rider. lol :)
it would be more money 4 the shield than the helmet!!!
:banana :banana :banana
90 FZR 1000/92 FZR 1000 streetfighter
I like me some FAST!!!!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

ftang
Veteran Poster

Post by ftang »

I use a Fog City anti-fog insert that reacts to light as well, and it's the absolute dog's b*llocks. On my second now. I use it with a Foggy Respro face-mask and basically ride in town, through the winter, with my visor down all the time and never fog up. In less demanding circs. you could do without the mask. It doesn't turn too dark too see anything if you hit a tunnel, just enough to take the glare out of your eyes. Plus it's washable.

Google them. Available both sides of the pond, I think. Do fit it very carefully, though.
(1994 YZF750R)