MP3s and the downloadable music world

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

MP3s and the downloadable music world

Post by orionburn »

Not that I'm stuck in the dark ages, but I've been slow to jump onto the music subscription bandwagon. Just not big on paying monthly fees and all that crap. Lot of music I listen to is hard to find locally at stores to purchase. I'm leaning towards simply finding an online store where I can download/purchase complete albums. Biggest concern is sound quality. I came across a few places (that didn't have the albums I wanted) that are running bit rates as high as 192/kbs. Looking for ideas or stores to check out. Help a brother out!
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

ExupElvis
Veteran Poster

Post by ExupElvis »

Check out cdbaby and Not Lame Recordings for ordering indy/eclectic CD's.
KEXP.Org plays a lot of non-commercial tuneage on live streaming audio, and has a live playlist with a click to buy feature for stuff you didn't know you wanted.
More indy pop than metal, but you never know..................as a listener once said - "most of the time you guys just suck, but every once in awhile I hear something that rocks so hard it makes everything else worth suffering through".
There's always I-tunes and Napster for pay downloads, but I don't have any direct experiance with them. I crash too many hard drives, not a good place to put pay content IMHO.
Good luck.

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

emusic.com isn't bad. I don't subscribe as I have about 2500 CD's copied to my hard drives. I use Easy CD-DA from :

http://www.poikosoft.com/

Pretty good ripper.

Cropover20
New Poster

Post by Cropover20 »

I use a newgroups service and I can download 20gig of music/videos/movies/picture or what ever for $9.95 a month. pm me for more details.

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

Ever heard of p2p?
Hayden

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

I don't mind breaking some laws but one thing you won't catch in my home is P2P. Morally it's just wrong to steal something that you didn't pay for.
Last edited by silver on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

same reason i stay off the p2p. plus, they are laden with viruses.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

i have a p2p software but hardly use it. only when i have used every other option in trying to find what i am after.
Hayden

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

I use P2P for two things:

1. Old TV series like Northern Exposure... or current TV series, like House, in English rather than watching them on TV dubbed into Spanish.

2. Cartoons for the kids. My son adores Scooby Doo, and they don't show it on Spanish TV, that, and it's good for his English. (He goes to a Spanish school, all his mother's family are Spanish etc.

The other advantage is no commercials. Spanish TV has approx. 20 minutes of ads every 20 minutes of programme, which is suicidal if you start watching a film at 22:00 and it doesn't finih until 01:30

John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!