A GREAT DAY AT THE TRACK

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

A GREAT DAY AT THE TRACK

Post by kiwi60 »

I headed down to Pukekohe Raceway today, but not as a rider, just a spectator this time.

It was our Annual 3 day Classic meeting and this year one of my hero's was there - Kevin 'see God then brake' Swantz, and I couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo with him.

Dave 'crasher' Croxford was also there

As was the Cosworth Norton

The Britten was given a real good thrshing, plus a few 120mph plus wheelies - sorry, no action shot

How 'bout an undressed 990 Duke V4

Rod Tingate had the Konig there and was riding it REALLY hard

And this little piggy went to market

Not a bad little day.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Nice!

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

Any time guys get together around here they mock anything that is over 4 years old. A fair majority don't even know what a FZR is. Kinda spoiled my lust for the scene. I wouldn't mind hanging out with you guys though.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

spook

Post by spook »

Hey Pacer, There's a bit of that over here. My road bike (TL1000) is just about old enough for classic racing now, and I've been that old for a long time :)

Like minded people are fairly easy to find, either at meetings such as this one that Kiwi is show casing (they are spoilt over there), actually, racing is one of the best ways in many regards, or also I recently found this mob, the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club (VJMC) its a register for riders, restorers and enthusiasts of early Japanese motorcycles. They meet once a month at a pub, go on rides, I'm sure I will meet some interesting people. Here's a link to your org. http://vjmc.org/vjmc_reps/whoweare.htm

Truth is without forums such as this I would have never met up with Stan, so real life friendships come out of places like this one.

I've been doing a little research on the konig Kiwi, what a ripper, and a good story. Here's a link to a MA page on it and its history. How you enjoying your new work? Cheers,
http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Se ... ntID=10132

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

spook wrote:.... Truth is without forums such as this I would have never met up with Stan, so real life friendships come out of places like this one........
I'd have to agree with you Spook, and no, I haven't met Stan yet. But..... I have met Hooligan, BarneyFZR600, dragracer1951, windfree, rush1, orionburn, jjs777, cropover20, nbot, haunter, kontoboy, and ExupElvis (there may be a couple of more that I'm forgetting, sorry guys) all from the board here. Of those 12 listed, only 4 live in my state. There are several others I love to meet, but alas most of you are on the other side of the pond (doesn't matter which one, they both cost too much to cross on my wages).
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

spook

Post by spook »

There you go :) Kiwi is heading over with Lyle next year for the supers, Stan and Kiwi have already spent some time at the races together, so indeed it really is a brotherhood, not forgetting Mshap of course...

Fares are dirt cheap atm. About $1100 au return to LA, I lived in CA for a couple of years and had a good time :)

Thinking about coming over and bringing a container of bikes and stuff home with me;

Our major beer brand (VB) has a competition on at the moment, and one of the prizes is 2 tickets to Hawaii or Vegas, and 5k spending money, hotel etc. You have to buy a slab to enter (24 cans) Well needless to say I'm working very hard at winning the competition :) I reckon we will use the cash to buy a van and visit a few races etc. So you may get to meet us yet!!! You'll have to excuse my hangover though :)