running rich / jetting

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
Androooooo

running rich / jetting

Post by Androooooo »

Hi guys,<br>my bike appears to be running rich at low throttle/rpm with the premium fuel that i'm using (australian optimax - 98 octane).<br><br>i'm thinking of getting a jet kit, but i was wondering if there is anything else i can do to help it?<br> <p></p><i></i>

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Re: running rich / jetting

Post by djalbin »

You might adjust the pilot air screw to a leaner mixture. <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p072.ezboard.com/fexupbrotherhoo ... =540.topic" target="top">p072.ezboard.com/fexupbrotherhoodfrm4.showMessage?topicID=540.topic</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>You might want to try a lower octane fuel. The higher octane fuels burn slower and you may have unburned fuel/gases that are keeping the air/fuel mixture rich.<br>Don <p></p><i></i>

Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: running rich / jetting

Post by Nbot »

rich down low?? I've never heard of that from a yamaha....j/k! Definitely try the lower octane, and if not the emulsion tubes (called needle jets) are a common problem...if we had a FAQ page you could go there but I guess you'll have to search with the crappy engine or someone'll post a linky or two........ <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:lime;font-size:medium;">Nbot</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>'94 Fizzer Litre</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></p><i></i>