YZF750/1000 exup adjustment

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
kazzbikes
New Poster

YZF750/1000 exup adjustment

Post by kazzbikes »

I was having problems with the bike running somewhat rich at idle and just off idle, I adjusted the pilot screws and I still might lean the needle out somemore. But, the other night I was doing some work to it and had the exup cables off and forgot to hook them up when I left for a test ride. I noticed the bike was super loud with the exup valve open at idle, (gave it away that I forgot to hook it up.) But the bike ran very crisp and had no over rich conditions at all, it ran very well, pulled very cleanly right from idle and up. (I didn't flog it very hard as I normally would, just granny shifting) When I adjusted the valve I lined it up with the pin/dowel (correct me if I am wrong) and went from there. Now, it is back to running rich. I thought it was the float hieght and read that somewhere on this board, dropping the float hieght helps. Also read that new emulsion tubes (needle jets) help with this problem also.<br><br>Is anyone else adjusting carb conditions with the exup valve? I thought I would open the valve up a little and see what it does. It must be closed off fairly tight at idle. Mabye opening it up somewhat would let it breath better at idle. But it might cause mid range stumbe if it is open too much??? <br><br>I guess I will see this weekend. Any thoughts are gladly welcome...<br><br>MgK<br><br> <p></p><i></i>