Need help, graphics removal...

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Need help, graphics removal...

Post by WickedFZR1K »

Ok, the HOOLIGAN stickers are now gone, but I have residue from the decals now, cant get it off, tried everything, Goo Be Gone, HEAT (gasline drier, it worked in the past), Starting Fluid and even gasoline (yeah I am not too bright sometimes), nothing works, any suggestions other than sanding and repainting??????
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

Get just the smart eraser pad by itself and slap it in a cordless drill on low speed and it should do the trick! http://www.mytoolstore.com/astro/astmat06.html
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

pommie02
New Poster

Post by pommie02 »

I USED SOMETHING CALLED SHELLITE, I THINK ITS ALCAHOL BASED. OR A LIGHTER FLUID. IT EVAPORATES VERY QUICKLY...MOST HARDWARE STORES SELL IT HERE.....
JUST CHECKED....ITS A WHITE GAS OR KEROSENE

DAVE
Regular Poster

Post by DAVE »

In australia we have eucalyptus oil - works a treat. It is a stain remover and available in supermarkets here. I have just taken the sticker glue of my bike . Just wipe it on with a rag soaked in a small spot so that the glue is wet looking leave for a minute or so and then rub vigorously with the rag again and most of it will come off.

Don't spill it on yourself like I did it has a very strong smell and will make you warm and woozey.

It is a natural product from eucalyptus trees (gum)
http://www.fgb.com.au/AdditionalInfo/EucOilHistory.htm

I would also think that mineral turpentine (turps) would be worth a try but I have seen it soften and melt plastics if left on too long.[/b]
DAVE Image

ImageDAVE's websiteImage Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

WD-40 should work as well
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

if any residue remains after trying all the other tips...

you can also use no.7 auto polish OR FASTORANGE which both contain a bit of grit...but otherwise is easy on the surface when attempting by hand.

I have used both to some extent on my old 90 fairings and it worked fairly well.

the googone didnt seem to help much...as these were stickers from a 90...

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I'm a little curious about removing all them factory warning labels from my R1 without fookin up the clearcoat. Wouldn't want any unsightly dull spots on all that glorious Yellow ya know...
What say Ye???
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

heat gun.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

NoItsNotAnR1
Veteran Poster

Post by NoItsNotAnR1 »

The wifes hair dryer works pretty well.
Blaine
97 YZF1000

F5
Veteran Poster

Post by F5 »

Yellow? Just buy an anniversary huh Jim?

I just use my, er I mean my wife’s hairdryer. We have a product over here (think it’s from Aussie) called. Erm something or other but it is a citrus based thingy with an orange on the label in a kinda oily (no grit) substance.

Great for getting sticky adhesive goo off (the type meths just softens & smears) then I just used meths to clean the oily residue.
I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running - try to keep up!

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

I didnt want to try the fast orange because of the gritty base, tried the wd 40, didnt work, tried lighter fluid, no luck, finally my brother came over and he had a eraser wheel in his roller box, chucked it in the drill and poof, no more residue. Maybe I should have tried a no. 2 pencil to begin with LOL

Thanks to all for the suggestions..... :lol:
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

3m has pretty damn good adhesive remover that is supposed to be paint and clearcoat safe. used it on my bonnie to remove the residue from the 35 reflectors that the bike ships with. brand new paint, no residue, no problems.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

Stig
Veteran Poster

Post by Stig »

Mr Sheen furniture polish usually works with residue from ordinary sticky labels