Phased Progression Pics.......... :)

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
M Hankel
Veteran Poster

Phased Progression Pics.......... :)

Post by M Hankel »

Thought I'd post some photo's of the bike in various stages from when I first picked up the bike a couple weeks ago.

Phase I - This is the bike as delivered after sitting for years. The bike was not running, missing hardware for the fairing mounts, the key hole for the gas tank was jacked up, dirty as hell, carbs were torn apart and laying under the tank in pieces among other things. It was in need of some desperately needed love lol... :)

Phase II - After stripping most of the vinyl graphics off and polishing the fairings, getting the bike put back together. Had the shop rebuild the carbs and a slew of other things etc.... It's running at this point. This was last weekend.

Phase III - Got all the graphics off the bike that were removable and polished up the fairings etc... Replaced the stock 94' tank with a stock 90' version (ebay score w/ gas cap and key for 80 bones). Needed a cap/key anyway so it worked out great. Black color is a bit off from the 94 but overall it was way cheaper than a respray and once I get some graphics it'll look ok I think. ? These pics were taken yesterday.

Phase IV - The next phase is yet to come but I have some graphics planned from Tapworks. Not set in stone yet with regards to colors, but I really like this (generic) kit design.

That's all for now. I'll post some pics in the future once I get make up my mind on a graphics set. Open to oppinions, color schemes and ideas for them too. :)

Mike
-Mike
94' FZR1000
520 Chain Conversion (-1F, +2R), Michelin Pilot Powers, K&N Filter, Yoshimura RS-3, V&H PowerPak, Perpetual Carb Rebuilds

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Dang Mike, your's is looking better than mine!!! (for now :poke )
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

M Hankel
Veteran Poster

Post by M Hankel »

LOL,, I don't know about that man,,, your bike looks pretty dang clean. Besides, your bike will smoke mine once it's back on the road. ;)

Here's some other colors on that graphics kit. I'm diggin' the white/red colors but I think I'd change the white to a dark grey to sorta match the top of the tank then maybe add some red wheel stripes to tie in the red?? Whatchya all think of that idea?

Mike
-Mike
94' FZR1000
520 Chain Conversion (-1F, +2R), Michelin Pilot Powers, K&N Filter, Yoshimura RS-3, V&H PowerPak, Perpetual Carb Rebuilds

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

#2003 with Blue or Red rim stripes would look really cool. At least I think it would. Top it off with matching color braided lines.... oh yeah...

wortdog
New Poster

Post by wortdog »

Nice job, I've been thinking about pulling the graphics off mine and going all black.

I almost like it best as it is without graphics, but the #2003 does look pretty good.
Eric
94 FZR 1k

M Hankel
Veteran Poster

Post by M Hankel »

Ya, I think I agree with you guys. I keep looking around Tapeworks' website and they just have a billion different combinations, but I keep coming back to the #2003 kit. It looks 'timeless' to me and should look good for years to come.

Also like your idea for the red braided lines Tim. I like red on black, but it has to be in small quantities for me, and the #2007 kit has just a tad too much red for my liking.
-Mike
94' FZR1000

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

M Hankel wrote:Also like your idea for the red braided lines Tim...
I'm going with a Black and Gold/Yellow theme.

noshoes
Veteran Poster

Post by noshoes »

Your bike looks realy good in black!!! I like that first tape kit!!!!!! I want to go black with my 90 next summer!!!!!!! :bfg
90 FZR 1000/92 FZR 1000 streetfighter
I like me some FAST!!!!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

SJTFZR1000
Veteran Poster

Post by SJTFZR1000 »

Yeh i agree black is a beautifull look on a bike.I went for Satin Black on my 01 R1,the only fault i could pick was that it marks like a $#&*%(very easerly)......i reckon the black and grey sticker kit looks awsome.

Image :banana :banana :banana
1990 RACING FZR1040 & BROKEN 2001 YZF R1

jjs777
Co-Admin

94 fzr's are cool

Post by jjs777 »

sorry folks...

the BEST colour for the 94 is removing most stock graphics...where you're left with a nice gloss black

where all you need is a touch of red...like red kevlar lines and red rim stripes

extremely simple....yet very sleek - if you like black

Although I like the first tapeworks that was linked, where it is black w/grey stickers....its a bit too modern for a classic fzr IMHO

....that and I'm partial to the black/grey strangely enough

I'm glad to see the 94 was picked up by someone that seems to care enough to restore it - on that point alone.....WELL DONE!

fzrdudes 94 is awesome looking with yellow rim stripes I think...and also search for djalbins 94...which is quite slick with more alley minney mumm

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

where is djalbin's bike at?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Safe in it's shed

Post by djalbin »