Trackday pics from Cali on my YZF750SP

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

ahh, thanks julian, i was wondering if that was the kit item. i like the height and angle of the unit, looks cool. kit oil pan too? that's a nice little piece that i have thought about grabbing, but i am not sure if there are any current full systems that will clear it other than hindle.

thanks for the avatar compliments. i've got a whole library of yzf750 pics. it's really quite pathetic.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hi Hooligan,

Yah, the Kit Deep Sump Oil Pan is a neat piece but like you said, it's difficult to find an exhaust to clear it.

Besides Hindle, I remember Akrapovic made an Evolution exhaust that cleared the Kit Oil Pan but they stopped making that a long time ago.

The only other company that I know of is D & D. I have an old edition of Roadracing World, with their project YZF750SP (ridden by Tray Batey) and D & D made a custom pipe for them, to clear the Kit Pan. Again, there is no listing for it now.

Finding the Full Kit Exhaust is no easier to find, unfortunately.

What exhaust are you running right now?

Julian

hagasannori
Regular Poster

Post by hagasannori »

hi holigan

i got a spare woorks exhaust that claer the deep oil pan

interrest???

hagasannori :banana

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

julian,

right now the bike isn't running any exhaust, she's a work in progress. i am trying to figure out what i want to run. as we all know, not much is made for these bike anymore, so options are thin.

akro still makes a system, but it's a standard 4-2-1, not the evo system they used to make. d&d doesn't make the full systems any longer, but they appear on ebay from time to time. i am considering that route and having a muffler shop bend a custom mid-pipe for me so i can get my muffler a bit higher. i have a beautiful BOS slip-on sitting in a box that would top it off nicely.

i almost bought your swingarm from the guy in SC. he had a few parts i wanted, but at the time i couldn't swing the prices. i tried and tried for the swingarm, but couldn't cut it. nice job snagging it.

haga, i may be interested. i'll shoot you a PM. haven't seen pics of your project lately, how's it going??
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

duderman
Regular Poster

Post by duderman »

I hear you can special order from Akro for their EVO/Works exhaust,

dunno if thats true or not.

can anyone confirm that?

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

I don't know what is sweeter--that bike or seeing someone with the skills to put it to it's paces.

Take care of that bike for all of us.

Kontoboy

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

Damn skippy nice bike! Nice to see a fellow Asian bro interested in the Exup's. Had to let go of the liter bike, but will get one after the re-finance. Those are really good shots of U on the bike. Tried a track day and it scared the crap outta me! Not the ride, but the price. I won't b doin a track day anytime soon, thats for sure. Hit me up sometimes, I'd like to chat wit you!
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

TLRdude

Buttunwillow

Post by TLRdude »

Ikuyabull,were you the dude I talked to last year at Buttonwillow.

fe911
Veteran Poster

sp pipe and etc.

Post by fe911 »

Saw this on that japanese auction site.... 100000yen
http://page.okshon.com/v.cgi?YYurl=http ... /n45996088
94 YZF750r
'98 yzf750r
95 YZF750SP

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

100,000 yen = $850 USD
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Yamaman
Veteran Poster

Post by Yamaman »

damn I wish I could ride that good !! :cool
FZR...... What's that ?

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Barneyfzr600,

Thanks for the props! What??!! Ur not planning on any track-days soon? Dude, track-days rock!! They're SO MUCH FUN. Just take ur time and explore the limits in small steps so that ya don't scare your-self!

Great to see a fellow asian represent!

;)

Julian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAMAMAN,

Glad you enjoyed the pics as much as I do. I appreciate the compliment! No worries mate, you too CAN ride the way I do! Patience and remembering it's all about FUN and you'll definitely be at the level you want!

:D

Cheers,

Julian

wertman94
New Poster

Post by wertman94 »

Julian, If I am correct, I met you at a track day in Seattle several years ago and could not believe you were riding an SP on the track! Since then, My good friend has bought Mike Walsh's (Raced in AMA superbike) 93 SP, I scored a mint 94 SP out of Canada, and I just aquired a UK 93 SP with a 1040 kitted motor. We like to refer to the 93's as the Barbie bikes. And to think you inspired all of this! Hope to see you at the track in Seattle soon.
Tom

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hi Tom,

You could be right because I do remember a few different people during NESBA track-days and Adrenaline Freaks Trackdays at S.I.R. who came up to me to chat about my bike.

Yah, I know what you mean about not believing that I ride my SP on the track. When I was going through tech at Thunderhill and Portland, they were like "Holy Cow! Ur not really going to track it R Ya?? It's way too valuable to risk out there. And I'm like "Of Course I am! That's what it's meant for!". Anyways, it is really cool that so many guys know and appreciate what kind of bike I ride. To tell you the truth I NEVER expect or even think that people would even look at my bike, let alone know what it is.

WOW! I am TOTALLY STOKED that you and your friend both have Trick SP machines!! Now I'll have guys to ride with at Seattle!! VERY COOL!!

Mike Walsh's Ex-YZF750SP is pretty sweet......I remember seeing some pics of him mixing it up with the Factory Boys in my old issues of
Roadracing World and thinking "Mike is da Man" for sticking his SP in there as a Privateer. That's AWESOME! :banana

Tom, if you have some pics then I'd love to see your new ride.

I am truly humbled to know that I was able to encourage you a little bit so that you could have your own SP! :D

E-mail me anytime at julianr7@axion.net

Julian