Laguna

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Certainly didn't at Laguna, he got past Hayden quick enough and then gapped him.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

Post by goingtoscotland »

naeone wrote:ugly doesnt make him slow though
nope, just ugly.
1989 FZR-1000 Streetfighter currently parting out. make me an offer.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

nope, just ugly
How about showing us all a photo of yourself? :poke
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

Post by goingtoscotland »

kiwi60 wrote:
nope, just ugly
How about showing us all a photo of yourself? :poke
didn't say i was good looking. just said he was ugly ;)
1989 FZR-1000 Streetfighter currently parting out. make me an offer.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

:) :) :)

2005 SV996R SOLD

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

short memories

do you not remember Rossi threating to walk if he didn't get Bridgstone rubber, telling Yamaha to lift its game or he will walk, we need more power, better electrics, ect ect all the last half of last season

You people we bag Casey sh1t me, have a bit of respect for a world champion, i remember Rossi turning his back on Sete, and he can whine with the best of them to make his point. he would have known Stoners reponce to the offer of a hand shake, he is the utimate personal PR machine and you all fall for it hook line and sinker.

Roll on Bruno

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

i remember Rossi turning his back on Sete,
There's rumors Sete Gibernau may be back to MotoGP on Ducati ... possibly replacing Marco Melandri or Anthony West. If true, that should add a little more drama to the races.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Sete back - I wonder how long it will be before he throws his toys out the cot, motogp has changed a lot since the 800's came in and I just don't think he'll be able to cut it out there.

2005 SV996R SOLD

sevenheaven
New Poster

Post by sevenheaven »

goingtoscotland wrote:
naeone wrote:ugly doesnt make him slow though
nope, just ugly.
Have you seen this picture of him as a baby...fugly ;)
SevenHeaven
ImageImage

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

:funny looks more like rowan atkinson to me

2005 SV996R SOLD

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Pretty wild debate going on here.

Rossi needs to be a gracious winner & thats what he isnt. Hes a complete dickhead! The crap he goes on with when he win's is a childish to say the least.

Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainny, Kenny Robarts, etc etc, never went on with that sort of childish rubbish!!

The Rossi overtaking move was silly & dangerous, if I was Casey I would have punched his lights out when I go back to the pits, for putting both of them in a dangerous postion.

Stoner fell off end of story, & mistake at the wrong moment, that happens when your racing.

Rossi went on like a spoilt child when he wasnt winning, blaming the tyres.

So guys a little more compassion, Stoner hasn't been in MotoGP that long & he seems to be doing OK so far. In fact he started on POLE in Australia, & finished FIRST!! And didnt go on like a escaped mental patient. :hissy

Also to the whinging poms out there that bag Stoner. Think were your Barry Sheene came to live when was done with racing, & Australia welcomed him with open arms.
I even race in the Barry Sheene Mamoral 3 day race meeting down here.
http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Se ... ntID=22658
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Rossi needs to be a gracious winner
No he doesn't. NObody NEEDS to be anything. People should be themselves... and then you take them or you leave them. To his credit, Pedrosa does just that... and everybody except my son, leaves him (or dislikes him, hate's a strong word 'cos he's just so boring :cry: ). While Rossi, with all his defects, wins the crowd.
Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainny, Kenny Robarts, etc etc, never went on with that sort of childish rubbish!!
That was a different generation, different background, different rules. That statement just shows you're showing your age :poke :)
The Rossi overtaking move was silly & dangerous
There isn't a rider out there who hasn't made stupid moves at one time or another. All of them have done it. No exceptions.

Rossi went on like a spoilt child when he wasnt winning, blaming the tyres.

Were you watching the races? Your front tyre self destructs, race after race. Your bike packs up, and you watch the world championship melt away 'cos you're DNFing... He didn't do the spoilt child bit 'till the second year, and rightly in my opinion, because if your team or your suppliers have problems you can only wait patiently, like a gentleman, for so long, and then you've got all the right in the world to start throwing stuff. Oh, yeah, and keep in mind that nobody's knocking Pedrosa for changing tyres. They're knocking him for not waiting till the end of the season to do it. (But it's obvious why he's done it this way: This year's lost, and he wants to use what's left to sort out the Bridgestones ready for the start of next year). Which, on reflction, is a smart move if you you really are serious about winning instead of running up.
Also to the whinging poms out there that bag Stoner.
I whinge with the best of them, :hissy always have, but I like Stoner and I always have. I lost count of the number of times I said "and where are the rest of the Ducks" last year when everyone kept going on about how it was the bike and not him that was winning. A well informed Spanish journalist maintains that it was his new status as husband that did it, not the bike, and I like that version too. Chris Vermeulen's great. He's so good in the wet that I've had my fingers crossed for ever that someone in a team with a winning bike would give him a ride, but I guess unless he develops the Suzuki himself, like Rossi did with the Yamaha, he'll just have to forget what the podium looks like unless the weather turns nasty.
In the end that's what makes Rossi the best. He optimises everything. Bad bike, track you don't like, terrible weather, he always manages to make the most of it. Other riders only perform well in certain situations... and in the end, when push comes to shove, I don't follow motoGP or Superbikes to see the personalities, if not to see the fastest bikes on the planet ridden by the most talentled riders. I wanna watch the race. What they do in the parque ferme I really don't care that much about, although it is entertaining!
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

So i'm getting a little old, it happens to us all you know

But the racing now is not a patch on Doohan, Rainey, Schwantz et.al.
It was hard fast and furious every weekend, on bikes that wanted to kill you

Yoniboi, i know your Spanish, but Pedrosa has the personality of a spark plug, the boy can ride when it is all going well, but it must be difficut to ride with Alberto on the back!!

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Stan,

:good you're not old, you're mature. If you were a wine, people would pay double for you. I don't have a 'reserve' or 'oak cask' smily so have a :banana

Actually I'm not Spanish, I'm one of those stinkin' poms, but I moved here 12 years ago and went native. My mates say I'm the Englishman from Carabanchel (a working class neighbourhood in the centre of Madrid), and I'm about as non-nationalist as you can get. (One of the reasons I love this forum, Barney, Tim, Stan, all of you. (Group hug coming up). It's just bikes, and not politics, no borders, no bullshit.

Anyway, you're right of course. 500s were more exciting, but look at it this way... if MotoGP has changed for the worst, what about F1? I count my lucky stars that Rossi, Stoner et al don't play with a safety car, or stop for gas. I stopped enjoying F1 when Prost, Mansel and Senna retired.
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!