New Member sayin' Hi Y'all

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
SheWheeler

New Member sayin' Hi Y'all

Post by SheWheeler »

Hi from the North of Queensland Australia ..
Female, ..AND, (b4 ANY comment) Blonde..
Name of Eli. (Pronounced (A) ELLEY)

Was referred over here by the guys at NetRider ..
Just got me an 87 FZR1000R, logged onto NetRider as I had some probs concerns with the "Beast" (my toys name).
Instead of redoing it all here, IF anyone is interested) its all there under Saphire at NetRider forum Technical and Trouble Shooting..Post Title : FZR1000

ANYONE that want's to respond please do..
Looks like I may be around here for a while, I'm taking my laptop with me on the road so I can login wherever i am ..
Still tryin' to work out how /where to put pics..Anyone ??
Eli.
REAL fun is seeing the Blue & Red frlashing lights disappearing in your rear view mirror..

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Hi and welcome... Eli has a very nice original-looking ride.
Her tech issues are at
http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/viewt ... 21&start=0

Eli, easiest way to post pics is go to
http://www.exupworldwide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3500
and look for Bucko's guide to posting with Imageshack (About the 3rd post down).
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

yamcrazy
Regular Poster

Post by yamcrazy »

Welcome you'll find a lot of info here go thru the tech tips,i'm new here too and i enjoy it a lot...... :banana
CAFE RACER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:welcome
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Welcome, Eli,

If you can't figure out the pics, pm me and I'll walk you through it.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

hello and welcome!

hopefully we'll have an actual image gallery soon. gotta figure out how to keep the spammers out of here, tim and i are getting flooded with bot requests trying to join...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

:welcome As we say here in Tennessee, "Howdy !" :welcome

Oh and Tim (FZRDude) likes pictures. Sometimes he even posts them for ya !

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

You have an Email Eli
Regards
Ozzyfzr

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

Bike fixed for Eli, away on business in Townsville so I had the opportunity to drop in!
Turned out to be incorrectly wired relay, faulty start button and immobilizer issues.
Removed immobilizer, re-wired relay, fixed starter button and away you go!!!!!
Nice to meet a fellow FZR owner with issues and fix them!
Great site with great people!
Ozzyfzr

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Just gotta ask, in this context, what's an "immobilizer" ?
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Just gotta ask, in this context, what's an "immobilizer" ?
I think we should have a contest where the Aussies get to post using their
Aussie lingo and us Americans get to guess at the translation.

My guess at "immobilizer" ... it's the engine/ignition kill switch.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

djalbin wrote:My guess at "immobilizer" ... it's the engine/ignition kill switch.
Now if I could just wire one up for my rather active 4 year old daughter !
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

immobilizer fellas is a little more than a kill switch, it's like the chip in the key deal thing, which can also be achieved with an alarm system as well(much cruder method albeit but...). Basically meaning that if you do not have the proper device/s to start the vehicle, either one of the following, no fuel, no spark, or a complete cut off of all power to the starting circuit will take place. Just think of the real groovy lazer cut keys that are the only way to start some of the higher end european autos, (allegedly)
Michael

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

The particular immobilizer on this bike was designed to cut the crank trigger input to the ignition module if not dis-armed. Also if the device is not switched off and the bike moved, it will flash the indicators and sound the alarm, the way this was playing up, it was causing a power drain and not giving a spark to the plugs, due to faulty connections.
I hope this explains the function of such a system!
Regards
Ozzyfzr

Stig
Veteran Poster

Post by Stig »

They're also called immobilizers here in the UK ;)

RUFtech
Veteran Poster

Post by RUFtech »

And that is what Porsche calls them. I deal with them daily. Porsche used to call them the "anti-drive off feature". :roll: Basically it is an alarm system.
Last edited by RUFtech on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
'97 YZF750R (sold)
'87 Porsche 944 Turbo
'04 GTO
If you haven't seen god your not going fast enough

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Don wrote:My guess at "immobilizer" ... it's the engine/ignition kill switch.
Darn .... I lost the contest. :hissy
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

awesome good job ozzy!

welcome eli! my new niece has the same named but spelled differently
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Gidday Eli,

Welcome to the site.

Well done Ozzy, good to hear Eli's bike is back on the road.

Cheers
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Ok Eli,

Terriblly sorry it took me this long, but as said, I had this all done last week and hit my back button and an hour's typing was gone! :angry

So here goes once again. Tim already has a post that's not so disimilar to this one but I'll be getting into the details of things a bit deeper. I apoligize if at any point it seems I'm undermining your knowledge, that is not my intention at all as of course, I don't know you at all. I also thought I'd post it in public as well as many people it seems still have issues with the photos.

Here's Tim's bit on how to post pics: http://www.exupworldwide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Ok so firstly you have to set up an account for yourself at photobucket.
Here's a link for their registration page which is free http://photobucket.com/register/?ref=headerregister ,once you've submitted a good user name and password, you'll more than likely have to give a bit more gratuitous personal info and then Bob's your Uncle, you're a member.

K now that you're logged in you can begin to post pics to your account which will stay there until you delete them or piss someone off at PB. Photobucket is really quite a great bit of software as you can do quite a bit with it while not taking up any room on your own machine. Assuming you've got the pics you want to load to photobucket on your own harddrive.(Notice that to the direct right of where it says "Upload Images and Video" and to the "Choose Files" button there are four radio buttons. These radio buttons tell you where Photobucket is going to go looking for the photos once you press choose files)
So, again assuming you are going to load pics from your computer, and that the radio button in photobucket is on My Computer, go ahead and press the button "Choose Files" you now need to navigate to where you'd like to download the pics from.
Once you've got to the folder that contains your pics, you can begin selecting pics, you can choose more than one at a time, as long as you press your ctrl key down while selecting the next photo if choosing more than one.
Now that your desired pics are highlighted, press, "open". Photobucket will now take some time to load your photos and preview them to you while also giving you the opportunity to give them a title, description, or a tag.
If you choose to add any of these features it is important for you to scroll down and press, "save and continue" Even after you've left that first preview page to the next, album view, you can still add a title and edit the pic if you like so don't worry about adding any of that stuff right away.
Sorry that I won't be getting into any of the higher functions of photobucket as it is rather extensive as already said.

You should now be viewing your photo in a size about twice as large as a regular thumbnail and there will be several options surrounding the thumbnail, most importantly underneath the pic you will see these four categories of things underneath your picture

At the very bottom of the pic there's a tag that says IMG code, that's the code you want to copy and paste into the message body you are writing. You can do this by the usual right click and copy or use ctrl C to copy and ctrl V to paste. To know whether or not you've got it right, you can press preview while doing up your post and it will show.
You should be aware that if you ever delete the pics you have links to in photobucket that all those links will now not show up anymore. The idea of using a link is to ease up on all the room photos would take by storing them on someone else's server. Hence the reason the brotherhood uses photobucket.

And now hopefully that we've got that all settled will you just look at these absolutely gorgeous machines. UNBELIEVABLE as well that Beemer is making this machine, truly, they are going to start taking sales away from the Japanese makers and the Italians. WOW!!!

I would really start drivin' "Customs" if mine looked this, I'm embarressed to say I've never even heard of these machines until I came across the article in CW

Michael