So, what else are you into?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Mad Hatter
Veteran Poster

So, what else are you into?

Post by Mad Hatter »

I am also in to collecting Tamiya Mountaineers and Bruisers, and R/C crawling.

1987 Excite Bike Champion

1989 FZR 1000
1999 CBR 900rr

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

photography (real photography...none of that digital crap)

guns (.357 ruger super six) dang this thing is accurate

IT - only because my family prefers to live in a house

gardening

- not necessarily in that order

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:scared

He lives!!!!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

well, i have been a competitive bicycle road racer off and on since about 1994. i used to log more miles per day on a bicycle than some people drive.

i recently started rock climbing. it's quite fun...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Photography (real photography...none of that digital crap) YESSIREE !!!! Ain't using my inkjet's for anything permanant in my home ! If it's not silver-based then it had better be platinum ! And the bigger the negative the better, IMO.

Computers. I've worked for several companies over the years and currently reside in tech support Hell but heck at least I'm not going to get layed off again !

Music. Love it. Live it. Now if I can just learn it ! Mostly pop rock, country and bluegrass though my music teacher in 1975 made sure that we each got a good dose of Beethoven, Brahms, Bach, Schubert, Mendelssohn and such. Current favorites are Allison Kraus and Union Station with Jerry Douglas, Don Henley and the Dixie Chicks but of course John Cafferty & Beaver Brown Band, Waylon Jennings, Ralph Stanely and Eric Clapton are timeless. If I had my rathers, I'd be spinning records for a living.

Like the Hooligan, I used to compete in local bicycle (Anyone remember Paramount ?) races in the Philadephia area. Back then it wasn't uncommon for me to ride 200~300 miles a week though my longest tour was 250 miles in 3 days.

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Photography on and off.

Firearms.

RC toys (aircraft, boats & cars) on and off

Building computers

learning to play guitar (and build them)

Used to be big into models. Hard to build them now since most kits are those damn 1st grade level ones that the body is already painted and you just screw the model together.

Did bicycle racing in the late 80's. Yes Hooligan, I remember Paramounts. :D I still have my Miyata 312Comp with the old 12spd Dura Ace group :D . Used to ride 50-100 miles every day m-f and 100+ sat and sun. Planned on doing RAAM, but that never materialized.
YZFRob

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

we should start a bicycle racing band. i have played the saxophone and the drums for years. just started getting in the MIDI scene but it's too damn expensive and this freaking motorbike steals all my spare loot.

depending on how this season goes, it might be my last at competitive mass start events. i race well, i'll keep going. i race like crap, i'll switch over to ultra-distance events like the RAAM.
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

Anything the ATF regulates :D
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Hooligan wrote:we should start a bicycle racing band. i have played the saxophone and the drums for years. just started getting in the MIDI scene but it's too damn expensive and this freaking motorbike steals all my spare loot.

depending on how this season goes, it might be my last at competitive mass start events. i race well, i'll keep going. i race like crap, i'll switch over to ultra-distance events like the RAAM.

Actually I'm better at building guitars than playing them :D I had enough practice wiring in pots and pickups in my friends 9 guitars and 3 basses. :o

Last time I went for a bicycle ride was 2 yrs ago. Went 2 miles and my knee said no more.
YZFRob

dereku
Veteran Poster

Post by dereku »

Drinking, girls, and....ahh... well, I guess that's it for now, I am a teenager afterall.
Bike: 2001 Yamaha R1
Years riding: 4
Years racing: Career on hold
Crash count: 3

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

silver wrote:Photography (real photography...none of that digital crap) YESSIREE !!!! Ain't using my inkjet's for anything permanant in my home ! If it's not silver-based then it had better be platinum ! And the bigger the negative the better, IMO.
how big ?

I'm using a crown graphic 4x5, a rollei tlr 120, and a mamiya rb67. I just sold the mamiya super23 to my buddy. Still use the 35mm for fun. The rb67 is great...and to think they still make it after 30 years? that says something

Still a kodachrome advocate. Heck how many digital cams did they make songs out of? Shelf life for kr14 is 120 years for the least stable colour of yellow. Otherwise 180 years.

I've inherited all this equipment from my dad.

I'm no professional but generally get good results.

digitals ok for throw away pics ;)

Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

Bicycles... me too :banana but not those skinny wheeled things! I raced downhill MTB at national level (13th in the over 30s) until my son was born 5 years ago, then it regressed to being a Sunday morning hobby. Luckily I live near some small mountains on a geographical fault line. To the left we've got granite and soil with pine trees; to the right slate with scrub brush. We never get bored. There's even a narrow gauge railway followed by a chair lift to take us to the top on the days we want to get two 1000m descents in or just can't be bothered to sweat it up to the top for one run down.

Now winter's upon us I'm back on the snow-board (same mountains, different season) just spent a fortune on some new bindings but it's been a month since I've touched the EXUP so the gas money got diverted instead of being saved.

All of my mates but me are into RC cars, but I'm the only one of us that goes clay-pigeon (skeet in the US?) shooting.

John
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

koma
Veteran Poster

Post by koma »

Photography
... of the digital sort. :P Yes i also have spent many hours inhaling glorious fumes in dark rooms and i still get my hands dirty occasionally with a Hasselblad but these days i do mainly digital manipulative art, commisioned modelling shoots, and a bit of motorsport shooting (in the hills and on the tracks). Digital for throwaway prints... yeah for the average consumer P&S but not for the expensive DSLR toys i play with. Biggest print so far was 180x230cm. :D

IT
... cos it's been in my blood since i was knee high to a grasshopper.

Architecture & Design
... cos it puts food on the table (sometimes). It's not so much a job as a way of life and i love it.

Games
... you know, that thing that computers are good for aside from work? Yeah, well i play alot of them. My parents told me many many years ago that i'd grow out of it and i still haven't.
Image K1 GSXR1000, '92 FZR1k Custom [Gone to a good home!]
Pedal powered till October '08. :(

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

that's awesome koma! congrats on your accomplishments. most of our downhillers are from the central and western united states. much better terrain for the sport, although there are a few guys doing it on the east coast.

i try to make it to the trap/skeet (clays) range when i can. i must say that skeet is one of the hardest things i have ever done with a shotgun. lotsa fun, but it gets frustrating!
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

computers/xbox/360/pc games

cars

guns, pennies saved away for handgun #1 working its way up......
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

jjs777 wrote:
silver wrote:Photography (real photography...none of that digital crap) YESSIREE !!!! Ain't using my inkjet's for anything permanant in my home ! If it's not silver-based then it had better be platinum ! And the bigger the negative the better, IMO.
how big ?
5X7 is my preferred format.
I'm using a crown graphic 4x5, a rollei tlr 120, and a mamiya rb67. I just sold the mamiya super23 to my buddy. Still use the 35mm for fun. The rb67 is great...and to think they still make it after 30 years? that says something
I currently own a 5X7 Linhof Tech III, a 5X7 Kodak Century View, 4X5 Zone VI, a 4X5 Speed Graphic, the RB67SD, a Mamiya C220, a baby Speed Graphic 23 and few Nikons. Need any enlargers ? I have 6 !
Still a kodachrome advocate. Heck how many digital cams did they make songs out of? Shelf life for kr14 is 120 years for the least stable colour of yellow. Otherwise 180 years.
I shoot only B-&-W now. Otherwise it's digital for snappies which are mostly for the web. I still use Ilford Gallerie graded FB and hand print all images. You should see a 5X7 negative enlarged just 2X to 10X14 !
I've inherited all this equipment from my dad.
Hopefully he left you some great images as well. One of the reasons I got into photography was that my father passed when I was young and we have just one photograph of him.
I'm no professional but generally get good results.
After being an amateur for 17 years and working as assistants for anyone that needed me, I opened a studio in New Jersey. Unfortunately it was bad timing as all of the yung people in our area were moving out and within 7 years that local average age had nearly doubled. Hate to say it but older people don't like photographs of themselves. Also they generally don't like B-&-W which will always be my "first love". Anyway, we had to take a serious look at the whole area and we found that we didn't want to live there anymore anyway so we relocated to Tennessee. Of course there was the whole Digital Debacle (TM) to deal with as well.
digitals ok for throw away pics ;)
Digital is the near-perfect replacement for Polaroid although it can never replace 55 P/N which produced some of the best looking negatives I've ever seen. Tack sharp and remarkably fine grained for something developed in hydroxide. Remember the small scanners that you could install in a 5.25" bay to scan Polaroid ? That was one of Polaroids last best-efforts.

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

Im into music (been playing drums from the age of 6 and am now 22), shooting, archery (sometimes), XBOX (and games in general)

any of you guys on xbox live?

if so, what are your gamertags?
Hayden

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

haunter ap
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

PC Games

About the only games I play online are Battlefield 2 (more so) and DeltaForce Extreme (not so much). I might try a little online PGAGolf or Need For Speed one of these days.

I just hate all the cheaters online so I don't play as much, plus the fact that I suck at most games doesn't help.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

yamaweezle
Regular Poster

Post by yamaweezle »

i do track days, and i'm a member with NESBA...i also like bowling... :)
Last edited by yamaweezle on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She said, "It's just a bike...It can be replaced...", and I said, "Good, now you and my bike have something in common...".

Matt
NESBA #347
2004 YAMAHA R1