So, what else are you into?

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Yoniboi
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Yoniboi »

I love playing Colin McRae on the PC, (my lad prefers Ratchet and Clank on PS2), but I don't play very often. That's prolly something that'll change when the divorce is all over and done with. It'll be finalized by the summer with 50% custody of the kids and 182 days free per year to bike, bike, board, shoot or chill. I only asked for Sunday morning's for myself!!! It's like Norm said on Cheers all those years ago, "Women, can't live with them...... Pass the beer nuts will ya."
If you're going to take a shot at me let me know so I can duck...!

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

lol. I am afraid that if i was not with my partner, my hands would actually become one with the xbox controller. I have wasted whole days playing halo 2 and moto gp 3 over xboxlive.
Hayden

ksfizzer

Post by ksfizzer »

Video games and toys?!?! I prefer the real things... :P

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sweet!!! Both of them have at least 1 wheel off the ground.

:rock
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

ksfizzer wrote:Video games and toys?!?! I prefer the real things... :P
Yes, but that costs a lot of money. Being a 22 yr old, with a mortgage and child (and single wage) money seems to be hard to come by. i would love to be able to race for real :sad but the video games let me live out my fantasy in my own little way as well as keeping me out of mischief.

i used to race clubman go-karts when i was a kid, but that was my fathers money paying for that.
Im seriously considering getting into pocket bike racing. seems to be cheap, and should be fun. and when my boy gets old enough, it is something he can get into.

Hayden

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

Well, other that older bikes (anything built before 95), I am a avid r/c racer. I currently have a Jammin (by Ofna) X1CR Pro that rips up the local track every saturday. We have the LARGEST indoor, offroad dirt track in the midwest less than 30 miles from me. The largest class raced is 1/8th scale buggies. Yes, we run nitro engines INDOORS and yes, the building is ventialted and heated for winter use. They just found out a couple weeks ago that they have been added to the R/C Pro Series tour for 07, which is a MAJOR deal and something they have been working at getting on for 2 years. Not to advertise the site or track, but more for educating those who dont know much about the racing, you can visit the local tracks webboard @ ExtremeRCOnline.com Excellent group of racers, and store employees in my area makes the hobby very enjoyable and fun, plus, as with this board, everyone that races there are kinda like a small family, helping each other out and offering advice as needed. I have personally helped a couple new racers "hone in" their racing skills and become more competitive...

I could literally yack and yack about these cars and how bad ass they are nonstop until your eyes couldnt take anymore board reading. But just as a side note as to how technically advanced the radio systems have become, I run a Spektrum DX 2 (By JR Racing, distributed through Horizon Hobby), it operates on a spread spectrum (crystal free, it is basically digitally synthesized), 2.4ghz frequency. Systems of the past were limited to 27mhz and 72mhz for surface use, with 6 channels on 27 and 30 channels on 72. With the new DSM (Spekrum's technology), there are 79 usable channels and 1 hold channel. The system is so smart, it constantly scans for other radios using that channel, if one is detected, it automatically rescans in less than a 1/4 second and switched to a free channel. Cross channeling has virtually been eliminated!!! TY Spektrum!!! :D :D :D

If you have never seen 1/8th scale 4wd buggies race, you dont know what you are missing. Competition legal cars (ROAR Rules) MUST run 3.5cc engines (.21 cid). The one I am currently running peaks at 2.8hp@29,000RPM!!! Maximum usable rpm is near 42,000RPM (and yes, it WILL spin that high). We run 20% Nitromethane fuel mix, here is a pic...

Last edited by WickedFZR1K on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

42000?!? bloody hell!
Hayden

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

HptK wrote:42000?!? bloody hell!
LOL I know, thats insane huh? But remember, it is also a 2 stroke engine running on nitro. The bore is 16.22mm and the stroke is around 16mm (they didnt publish the exact figure on stroke for some reason)...
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

I wonder how nitro would run in a FZR ? :D

HptK
New Poster

Post by HptK »

WickedFZR1K wrote: The bore is 16.22mm and the stroke is around 16mm
Just like the FZR250. :lol:
Hayden

Mad Hatter
Veteran Poster

Post by Mad Hatter »

I have a Hyper 7 that is pretty fast. Those 1/8 scale buggies will flip over backwards if you hold the throttle in the air too long. Lots of fun. I raced 4wd electric until the class fizzled out and got into rock crawling. Here's one a guy made with hydraulic steering front and rear. Pretty cool..................

1987 Excite Bike Champion

1989 FZR 1000
1999 CBR 900rr

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

Yeah, crawlers are amazing, but they dont do it for me, too slow :-D

Mad Hatter
Veteran Poster

Post by Mad Hatter »

WickedFZR1K wrote:Yeah, crawlers are amazing, but they dont do it for me, too slow :-D
That's what the fizzer is for . :lol:

1989 FZR 1000
1999 CBR 900rr

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

silver wrote:I wonder how nitro would run in a FZR ? :D

Lets just say you dont want to put it in an engine not designed for it.

A gallon of 50% made it into a kid in schools camaro and while he was revving it up in the lot, the nitromethane finally hit the carb. Loud BANG, pair of dents in the fenders and smoke. It literally blew the heads off the motor, destroyed the intake and when you looked in the cylinders all pistons were pushed down. :lol:
YZFRob

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Now that I'd like to see....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Mad Hatter
Veteran Poster

Post by Mad Hatter »

YZFRob wrote:
silver wrote:I wonder how nitro would run in a FZR ? :D

Lets just say you dont want to put it in an engine not designed for it.

A gallon of 50% made it into a kid in schools camaro and while he was revving it up in the lot, the nitromethane finally hit the carb. Loud BANG, pair of dents in the fenders and smoke. It literally blew the heads off the motor, destroyed the intake and when you looked in the cylinders all pistons were pushed down. :lol:
I'd like to hear the explanation to the parents........ :bfg

1989 FZR 1000
1999 CBR 900rr

MsHap
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by MsHap »

barneyfzr600 wrote:Anything the ATF regulates :D
I like that answer :)
I met a small group from there when they came through my door. :)

I teach SCUBA Diving
For fun I like Tech diving. Caves and Wrecks.

I make Heated Motorcycle Gear. I have 2 partners and we have about 5or6 employees that are mostly full time.

I like guns :) I have a beretta 8000 and I am getting a S&W 40cal

Roller Skating. I was accepted on the Providence Roller Derby League but I keep running out of time for new projects. :(

I was thinking I have nothing in common with you remote control guys but I do! Kind of, I built an ROV http://www.cruzanengineering.net/images ... r-side.jpg
Last edited by MsHap on Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Name is Chrissy
This is Jello

"A total lack of self peservation is good for about another 30HP" Confusious

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

I carry a couple of Berreta 92's. I only use it when my life is threatened with a deadly weapon(cars, road rage, & someone not appreciating a 9mm!) I JUST WISH THAT EVERBODY DRIVING A CAR LOOKED OVER THEIR SHOULDER!
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

barneyfzr600 wrote: I JUST WISH THAT EVERYBODY DRIVING A CAR LOOKED OVER THEIR SHOULDER!
Amen to that ! High beams on, on my white FZR with the Yoshi RS-3 putting out that sweet sound and I still have to watch every move every soccer mom makes. And truck drivers are neck-and-neck with them now that I was run off the road by one last summer. I've thought of getting a license to carry as the pay for an armed security guard here in Tennessee is about $21/hour which is pretty good for this area.